Look at these underlined expressions from the text.
아래의 표현들을 살펴봅시다.
a far-reaching overhaul: changes that will affect many people(많은 사람에게 영향을 끼치는 변화)
year-long push: a whole year(1년 동안)
On a sun-splashed day: a day with periods of sunshine(화창한 날)
These compound adjectives help to condense information into a shorter form.
이러한 복합형용사는 의미를 압축적으로 표현할 수 있습니다.
1. Match the words to make some more common compound adjectives: 양쪽의 단어를 알맞게 짝지어 자주 쓰이는 복합형용사를 만들어봅시다. (e.g. old-fashioned)
10) Warm minded
2. Now complete the definitions: 이제 의미에 맞게 복합형용사를 채워넣어 봅시다.
1) A person with traditional values is ________
2) A person who has difficulty saying what they mean _________
3) A person who gets angry easily is _________
4) A food that looks delicious is _______
5) A person who is tolerant of difference is _______
6) A person who is forgetful is ________
7)A person who is calm and relaxed is ________
8) A person who can accept a lot of personal criticism is ________
9) A person in their forties is usually regarded as _________
10) A kind or generous person is said to be _________
‘Well’ is commonly used to form compound adjectives (e.g. well-paid, well-dressed)
Well은 well-paid, well-dressed의 예처럼 복합형용사를 만들 때 자주 쓰이는 단어입니다.
3. Summarise the following statements about President Obama with a compound adjective including ‘well’. 아래 문장을 well이 포함된 복합형용사를 사용해 간단히 축약해봅시다.
a) Obama is famous all over the world Obama is _________ .
b) Obama is always accompanied by bodyguards in public Obama is ______ .
c) Obama is constantly updated on world events Obama is _________ .
d) Obama is popular with people overseas Obama is _________ .
e) Obama speaks clearly and politely Obama is _________ .
f) Obama studied law at Harvard Obama is _________ .
오피니언 리더를 위한
시사월간지. 분석, 정보,
교양, 재미의 보물창고